Our Development Department in conjunction with the tenants will discuss their wants, needs and aspirations, this discussion will assist in the selection of a suitable property in the desired geographic area.

Once the house has been purchased the tenants and any other interested individuals can be involved in the specification of any adaptations required to assist them live as independently as possible.

For further information please contact Empower’s Development Department.

Adaptations & Grants

At some point during your tenancy with Empower your needs may change and therefore minor adaptations may need to be carried out around your home, i.e. grab rails etc.

Should you wish to add minor adaptations to your home you will need to speak with your Occupational Therapist who will then carry out an assessment and request for any minor adaptations to be carried out.

Empower can assist with any minor adaptions once you have had an Occupational Therapist assessment.

If your needs change and major adaptations are required around your home, i.e. your bathroom may need to be changed to a wet room, you may be eligible for A Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG), which you can apply for from your local council.

For further information or guidance please contact Empower’s Development Department.